The H Word: Holistic Health, Humor & Happiness

Saturday, June 18, 2005

More on Diet Soft Drinks


I replaced "fat" with "gain weight" in my previous post title to be more accurate - diet soft drinks may not necessary make one fat but one can certainly gain weight by drinking it. Aspartame (also known as NutraSweet) is in almost every sugar-free product these days and it causes people to crave carbs. Aspartame is in the blue packet called Equal and in the product, Spoonful.

Here some information on what I'm speaking about:

"There is the Bressler Report, the FDA audit of the horror of the original studies that approved aspartame, the FDA's own report of 92 documented symptoms from coma to death triggered by aspartame, the damning CDC investigation and even the protest of the National Soft Drink Association, showing that Coke and Pepsi knew aspartame breaks down into a witches brew of toxins at 86 degrees before they ever put it in pop. They also knew it was not a diet product because it is a drug that makes you crave carbohydrates (last page of report) and misrepresented this to the public. If you want to get fat NutraSweet is where its at!"

In the early 1980s, I was walking in downtown Denver and was approached by a woman giving away free sugar-free bubble gum made with the new NutraSweet product. I accepted it and after chewing it for only a minute or two, I had such a major migraine I had to immediately go home. I usually never get headaches so I knew it was the gum.

I didn't think about it again until a few years later when I heard Dr. Janet Hull on several radio talk shows talking about this poison called aspartame. Although this information has been out now for many years, I meet people all of the time who do not know. I find it very interesting that Japan has used the healthy, very sweet herb Stevia in their diet Coke and diet Pepsi for many years now while the U.S. uses what is now a known poison called aspartame in theirs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home