The H Word: Holistic Health, Humor & Happiness

Friday, July 15, 2005

Some of the Benefits of Iceberg Lettuce


I've encountered many people over the years who believe iceberg lettuce has no nutritional value, therefore it isn't worth buying or eating much of. It's true the nutrients are very low in iceberg lettuce and it's best to go for green when eating lettuce. However, iceberg lettuce does have special functions for our bodies as I believe all vegetables do.

Here are ways I've learned iceberg lettuce can benefit us:



  • * Iceberg lettuce strengthens the nerves.
  • * It is alkaline - very important for health.
  • * It clarifies our blood.
  • * Iceberg lettuce (and all lettuce) is a great source of fiber.

When I eat iceberg lettuce, I make sure I mix it up as a salad with other varieties of lettuce, such as romaine and/or green leaf lettuce, for the most nutritional benefits. I also believe eating at least one raw salad daily is very important for health.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home